Have you wonder sometimes that if there was a Create a New File option in the Finder of you Mac ?
It is a real bummer that there is no easy way to do this or neither there is keyboard shortcut for it.
But wait!, you can always create an applcation to do the tasks. Here I have made a simple mac application dedicated to the very task.
So, how do you create your own apps in Mac?
Go to the search bar (or Alfred, if you have one!) and type Automator. Then choose Application.
- Inside the automator window do following:
- Run Applescript (search and drag it).
- `tell application "Finder" to make new file at (the target of the front window) as alias`
- Save inside Applications as "NewFile.app"
- Cmd and drag this app from Applications to Toolbar.
The automator window may look like this:
Save this into the directory /Applications. Then press and hold cmd and drag the app to the toolbar.
After we did all the things the final toolbar looks like this.
That’s it, voila! Enjoy coding.